1900: Leonard George “LG” Isaacson, born in Stockholm, Sweden in 1873, immigrates to Aberdeen, Wa.
1911: LG Isaacson, at age 38, establishes LG Isaacson Co. in Aberdeen, Wa. as a mill and logging supply company. He also hires his brother, Bob Isaacson, who leaves in 1920 to start Grays Harbor Equipment. He is known on the Harbor as “The Pumpman.”
LG’s motto was “We Supply Everything Except the Steam.” LG begins a long relationship with the Broderick & Bascom Wire Rope Company which still exists today.
LG sells extensively to logging camps and Northwest mills. Dupont explosives, Washington & Lamb logging tools, American Pulley, Valvoline, Midvale Steel, Simonds Saws, Norton abrasives and Skil Saws are soon added as product lines.
1920’s: LG and brother-in-law Ray Baker open a business in Marshfield/Coos Bay, OR, called the “Isaacson-Baker Rope Company.” The Raymond, Wa. store is soon added with the FG Foster Co from Aberdeen.
1930’s: Great Depression hits and LG closes Marshfield and Raymond stores.
1945: LG’s only son, Chuck Isaacson, joins the family business after serving in WWII.
1958: LG passes away at 84.
1960’s: Many other product lines are added: Proto tools, and Aeroquip hose & fittings.
1970’s: Chuck’s eldest sons join the family business: Charlie , Tom and Dick. The store is relocated from Wishkah Street to the Port of Grays Harbor, the hub of industrial activity.
1987: Chuck Isaacson passes away at 69, though he remains active until his death.
1988: Peter Isaacson joins the family business. The Tumwater/Olympia store opens near the airport.
1993: The Tumwater store moves to a new building on Mottman Road in Tumwater and adds a wire rope press.
1995: The Longview store is added, purchasing the assets of Coleman Industrial Supply.
2000’s: Fourth generation family member joins the business: Joel Isaacson in Longview, son of Tom.
2011: LG Isaacson Co. celebrates the first 100 years and starts on another 100 years.